Call for Proposals for Grant Scheme for EU-Turkey Intercultural Dialogue (ICD) is published.
The Grant Scheme for Turkey-EU Intercultural Dialogue (ICD), targeting at enhancement of intercultural dialogue between civil societies in Turkey and Europe in the area of culture and art, along with collaboration, development and implementation of long term multinational / multilateral joint cultural initiatives and communication and promotion activities, has been announced on 20 February 2018.
The Grant Scheme for Turkey-EU Intercultural Dialogue will be implemented by the Yunus Emre Institute under the Instrument for Pre-Accession Assistance 2014-2020 (IPA II), within the framework of the Civil Society Sector lead by the Ministry for EU Affairs.
With a total budget of 2 million euros, the Grant Scheme will support projects that target:
- Developing and implementing long-term multinational/multilateral joint cultural initiatives in Turkey and in the EU to contribute to mutual understanding;
- Increasing the visibility of EU-Turkey civil society dialogue in Turkey and in the EU Member States.
Thematic areas that can be covered by the projects are music and opera; theatre and performing arts; plastic and visual arts; graphic arts; arts in public space; traditional arts; digital arts; literature; urban culture; cinema, documentary, animation; architecture; folk culture; cultural diplomacy; history. The Grant Scheme will support the types of actions exemplified below. The actions listed below are by way of example only and are not limited to these types of actions:
- Circulation of cultural and artistic studies, art collections and products
- Common cultural and artistic actions
- Actions supporting discussions/debates and participation in cultural policy-making and ICD
- Actions clearly contributing to the public understanding of ICD
- Promotion of exchange of knowledge and best practices in the fields of art and culture through ICD
- Information/awareness raising/communication activities/campaigns related with the ICD
National institutes of culture or national bodies of the EU countries that are a EUNIC member are eligible as Lead Applicant. In order to be eligible, the lead applicants must have at least one CSO and/or university co-applicant from Turkey.
Any grant requested under this call for proposals must fall between the following minimum and maximum amounts:
- minimum amount: EUR 300.000
- maximum amount: EUR 500.000
The deadline for submission of proposals is 10 April 2018 at 17:00 hrs (local time) and applications will be submitted to the Central Finance and Contracts Unit (www.cfcu.gov.tr).
For detailed information please see the documents.
An information meeting(s) on this call for proposals may be held by the Yunus Emre Institute. Date(s) and location(s) of the information meeting(s) will be announced later.